Here are some really useful household tips for you to try to keep your ADHD home better managed.
- Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
- Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not go mouldy!
- Add a teaspoon of water when frying beef mince. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.
- Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic and at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.
- Heat leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove; set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the food channel and it really works.
- Easy devilled eggs. Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal and mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the bag; squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done - easy clean up.
- Reheating refrigerated bread and to warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in A microwave next to a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.
- Work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers, put layers around the plants, overlapping as you go; cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic; they will not get through wet newspapers.
- Broken Glass. Use a wet cotton ball or Q-tip to pick up the small shards of glass you can't see easily.
- To get something out from under the fridge add an empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum. It can be bent or flattened to get in narrow openings.
- Measuring Cups. Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don't dry cup. Next, add your ingredient (peanut butter, honey, etc.) and watch how easily it comes right out.
- Goodbye Fruit Flies. To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2 with Apple Cider Vinegar Add 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
- Get Rid of Ants - Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!
Clothing & Personal
- Remove Static Cling - Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and ... Ta DA! ... Static is gone.
- Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It's cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair.
- Foggy Windshield? Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth!
Share your tips with us by adding your tip in the comments section.
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletters please enter your name and e-mail address in the box on the left of this page and click on the subscribe link. Newsletters are sent out approximately every 2 weeks. If the newsletters no longer apply to you, you can unsubscribe at any time
Please also share via the social media icons. If you know someone who would benefit from this, please send it to them